Thursday, September 11, 2008

why blog, why now?

I have had an interest in cameras and photography for 37 years. I've been a photographer. I've sold cameras and taught photography to hundreds, perhaps thousands of people. I own cameras...a LOT of cameras. Too many! I love how they're made, the better ones I mean. I owned a camera store for 23 years. I closed it in 2007.
I'm attending a meeting to improve my skills in selling on the internet and on eBay. What impresses me are the people selling on the net who like talking to those with like interests and use blogs to do so. I'm told it helps with sales and creates relationships. This is what I did in my camera store for years. I know much about photography and camera equipment. Not everything but it is my forte. I have spoken to people who've said I communicate how much I enjoy photography in a special way. If I do, I'll try expressing it here. I'm gonna blog my way through it.

No comments: